Know WHAT to do and HOW to teach
hands-on, experiential science in 1/2 the time
Perfect for teachers and homeschooling parents
Feel confident to teach high-level science concepts with no more overwhelm!
Join Backpack Sciences Membership!
Are you ...
in search for new, easy, hands-on activities that include different subject areas?
looking for ways to connect science to everyday life experiences?
spending hours online and overwhelmed with prep time?
Backpack Sciences is a membership for...
Elementary and middle school educators who want to overcome the overwhelm in teaching science.
Click on the video below for more information on what to expect when you join the membership.
Imagine if you could ...
Log-in, click and have ready-to-go written and video lessons
Give a child different follow-up activities choices encouraging overlaps of subject areas
Have more time for yourself
Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher
I would highly recommend the support of Backpack Sciences. This program enhanced my approach to teaching science. I noticed myself becoming more confident in preparing and presenting lessons without the stress of looking at random resources online. Students show enthusiasm to learning new science lessons. As a long life learning, I cannot overstate the value of Backpack Sciences. It is a fantastic program.
Yes, it is science based, but these projects combine so many skills that a kid should work on. Ari wrote the longest (research) paper of his life this week. I'm honestly a little frustrated with the educational resources he's getting from his school. It's really just digital worksheets. I don't feel that's a good way to learn, so we're supplementing now with your program. Thank you for what you're doing.
1) No more starting from scratch lesson plans.
You'll have a library of resources of detailed science lessons at your finger tips.
2) You'll feel confident that the lessons fulfill expectations of what students should know and be able to do it.
The library of science lessons are all aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
3) You don't have to worry if there's something you don't understand.
Be comforted you have direct access to the creator of the lessons. I'll be there to help each of you in your unique learning environments. I answer every question by email or our private Facebook group.
4) Never feel isolated or alone again!
We have a private Facebook community to discuss, share, and support one another. Be comforted to be with like-minded people with similar goals. Share wins, questions and discoveries.
Monthly Membership Features
New Lesson Plans Each Month
- Each month, new lesson plans are added in downloadable PDFs. All follow-up activities include variety of overlapping subject areas.
- Written lessons include Montessori 5-part cards, a support video with suggestions of how you can give the lesson and a follow-up activities pdf with direct links to purchase equipment.
- Video lessons (teaching directly to the children) include follow-up PDFs with direct links to purchase equipment, video transcripts and audio mp4.
Live Q & A
- Each month, members will have an opportunity to submit questions to be answered during a Facebook Live.
- Sometimes answering YOUR question really helps OTHERS. Get clarity and inspiration from others!
- Experts in science, parenting, Montessori and other areas will join us each month to discuss topics based on your questions, struggles or our lesson focus.
- Continue to increase your knowledge so that you feel confident in science, teaching and parenting.
When you register today, you'll receive these bonuses!
Essay Cure Writing Library
We have licensed use of step-by-step instructional handouts for teachers to truly integrate writing cross-curriculum via posterboard, speech, skit, news, pamphlet, flyer, billboard or persuasive essay assignments.
Special Guest Webinar
Learn how to adapt and incorporate lessons for different age levels, including 3-6 or middle school.
Mylestone Creatives' "Draw What You See!"
Take the overwhelm out of creativity. Receive lessons showing you how to break things down and apply step-by-step drawing basics. You'll confidently draw what you see in nature.
Your Path to Success
In order for us to move forward, we need to know from where we start. Identifying how we feel, what we currently do, and what we need to do next helps us to take a step forward.
Who do you most relate to?
Founder of Backpack Sciences
Jackie's first career was as a wildlife biologist in Colorado, New York, and Cameroon after a university study abroad in Kenya. Through her 22 years of teaching experiences at many different schools, observation of her own children's education and now guiding adults earning their teaching credentials, she hopes to lessen the gaps in science education with inquiry-based, hands-on, experiential higher level learning. Her work as an instructional guide with adults in a teacher education program guarantees she's skilled to move you forward in your success path.
Kristen Richter Brown
Parent, Montessori educator and Co-founder of Using Art for Emotional Literacy
Backpack Sciences’ lessons are a life saver. They provide clarity and a foundation to my science curriculum. This allows me to be free to authentically engage with my students rather than thinking ahead about “What am I going to do next?” They have also given me my weekends back. Thank you, Jackie, for giving me a breath of fresh air and confidence.