Know WHAT to do and HOW to teach hands-on, experiential science in 1/2 the time
Click-and-Go, Done-for-You Science.
Perfect for teachers & homeschooling parents
Feel confident to teach high-level science concepts with no more overwhelm!
Join Backpack Sciences Membership!
Are you ...
in search for new, easy, hands-on activities that include different subject areas?
looking for ways to connect science to everyday life experiences?
spending hours online and overwhelmed with prep time?
Backpack Sciences is a membership for...
Elementary and middle school educators who want to overcome the overwhelm in teaching science.
Click on the video below for more information on what to expect when you join the membership.
Imagine if you could ...
Log-in, click and have ready-to-go written and video lessons
Give a child different follow-up activities choices encouraging overlaps of subject areas
Have more time for yourself
Right now, our doors are closed. We only welcome new members a few times a year, but....
Would you like a sample?
Fossil Fuel Formation Lesson Plan
Receive this popular video lesson for grades 4 - middle school students for FREE. You get everything you need for a hands-on activity that gives you:
The knowledge to teach a concept that is difficult to conceptualize.
Step-by-step instructions and video on how to do the activity with students.
Have a ready-to-go, hands-on, inquiry-based experiment that aligns with NGSS standards.
Did you know...? Lessons
Are you looking for science lessons that you can implement in minutes? This is wonderful for children ages 6 through 12.
Package of 10 ready-to-go, no preparation lessons with follow-up activities. You can use the video lesson or transcript for you to give the lesson.
These are stand-alone science activities that will inspire your children with fun science facts with cross-curricular subject areas.
All lessons are NGSS aligned.
1) No more starting from scratch lesson plans.
You'll have a library of resources of detailed science lessons at your finger tips.
2) You'll feel confident that the lessons fulfill expectations of what students should know and be able to do it.
The library of science lessons are all aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
3) You don't have to worry if there's something you don't understand.
Be comforted you have direct access to the creator of the lessons. I'll be there to help each of you in your unique learning environments. I answer every question by email or our private Facebook group.
4) Never feel isolated or alone again!
We have a private Facebook community to discuss, share, and support one another. Be comforted to be with like-minded people with similar goals. Share wins, questions and discoveries.
New Lesson Plans Each Month
- Each month, new lesson plans are added in downloadable PDFs. All follow-up activities include variety of overlapping subject areas.
- Written lessons include Montessori 5-part cards, a support video with suggestions of how you can give the lesson and a follow-up activities pdf with direct links to purchase equipment.
- Video lessons (teaching directly to the children) include follow-up PDFs with direct links to purchase equipment, video transcripts and audio mp4.
- Experts in science, parenting, Montessori and other areas will join us each month to discuss topics based on your questions, struggles or our lesson focus.
- Continue to increase your knowledge so that you feel confident in science, teaching and parenting.
Founder of Backpack Sciences
Jackie's first career was as a wildlife biologist in Colorado, New York, and Cameroon after a university study abroad in Kenya. Through her 22 years of teaching experiences at many different schools, observation of her own children's education and now guiding adults earning their teaching credentials, she hopes to lessen the gaps in science education with inquiry-based, hands-on, experiential higher-level learning. She is Montessori (AMS) credentialed to teach 1st - 6th grade, state credentialed in middle school and high school biology. Her work as an instructional guide with adults in a Montessori teacher education program guarantees she's skilled to move you forward in your success path.